Google
 

Sunday, May 6, 2007

INFOSYS @IITB 2002

Test paper : Infosys recruitment 2002 at IITB
=============================================
Q1) If the prices of a commodity go up by 20 % every odd year and down

by

25% every even year, will its price be higher or lower than what it is

today after 10 years.

Q2) A and B cycle at rate of 6 miles per hour. They live 36 miles

apart.

Once they set out to meet each other Halfway. A has a pigeon which he

releases as he starts cycling. The pigeon flies back and forth between

the

two of them at a rate of 18 miles per hour. How much has the pigeon

flown

when they meet.

Q3) I have a rope 20 mt. long which I cut randomly into 2 pieces. These

pieces I then use to make squares. Find out the probability that :

a) The larger square has at least an area of 9 sq. m.

b) The total area of 2 squares is more than 20.5 sq m.

Q4) My friend lives in a house situated in a Colony having houses 1-82

numbered consecutively. I asked him 3 questions, to which he answered

truthfully. I was able to guess his house no. correctly .I cant tell

you

the answers but I'll tell you what I asked. Can you tell me his house

no

???

1) Is the no. under 41 ?

2) Is it divisible by 4 ?

3) Is it a Square ?

Tell my friends house no. ?

5) Holmes, Watson and Inspector Lestgrade sit for a quiz. The quiz had

in

all 30 questions and in all there were 45 right answers were given. The

inspector was able to score only 55% of points scored by Holmes. Also,

the total no of points secured by Watson and Lestgrade was 25% more

than

that of holmes, how many did they score.

6) Mr. Perkinson travels by SLOWCOACH express. This particular train

leaves his home town daily at 0900 hrs and reaches the destination

after 3

days of travel at 0930 hrs. The timings for returning trains are same,

i.e. 0900 hrs and reaching hometown at 0930 hrs. How many trains does

sees by the same name as he travels to his destination ?

7) There are three tribes A , B and C. According to tradation, the

women

of A dont marry males of Tribe B. Also Males of tribe C do not marry

women

of Tribe B. Further, in case of children, the son inherits his father's

tribe while th daughter inherits his mothers'. Based on this answer

which

of the following statements are true.

If a girl of tribe A marries a male of tribe C then :

a) they cant have a C granddaughter

b) they may have a grandson of tribe B

i) (a) only

ii) (b) only

iii) (a) and (b)

iv) neither

and similer stuff like that,,,,,,,

8) I met 3 girls at a party and I happened to ask them thier ages by

mistake, Instead of telling me what I sought, they told me this :

Suman: If Rena is the youngest then I am the oldest.

Rena:

Jyoti: All of us are over 24 yrs.

Rena: Either Suman is 26 or I am 25 or Jyoti is 24

Suman: Mine and Jyoti's age combined exceeds twice Rena's age by 2.

Jyoti :



They also told me one of them were lying throughout. I still havent

figured out who was of which age... can you help me out ???

9) A question about 5 houses of different colours each having a fellow

of

different nationality, drinking his own blend of ciggerette and

drinking

his favorite drink and having a pet of his own liking.

10 confusing statements of DATA ... giveup, cant remember.. and 3

parts..

like a) who owns the zebra b) which house serves coffee c) the

englishman

lived where ???
--------------------------------
Writing Skill: Write an essay of about 200 words on any one of the

following topics.

1) Smoking should be allowed in public places. ((yes/no)+why?)

2) I want to live in a Big City. ((yes/no)+why?)

No comments: